A NOTE TO CHICAGO HEIGHTS MEMBERS
The SAFETY of Our Members, Staff and Community Remains Our Top Priority
Dear Valued Member,
Cook County is imposing a COVID-19 vaccination mandate for patrons 5 and older that includes Fitness Centers. See complete policy here.
Indoor settings where food or drink are served for on-premises consumption, and health and fitness centers:
- Businesses must require any individual 5 years of age and older to show proof that they are fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 with an approved vaccine in order to enter the establishment.
- Businesses must require patrons age 16 and older to show identification (including but not limited to driver’s license, passport, government ID, work or school ID) with information that corresponds to the vaccination proof.
- Businesses must post signage advising patrons of this vaccine requirement. Such signage must be posted at all entrances to the premises as well as prominently posted in an area visible to patrons and staff within the establishment.
- Businesses may, in the interests of efficiency, allow patrons to provide the required vaccination proof prior to entry, either directly to the business itself or through an intermediary such as an event planner.
- Employees must be vaccinated or must weekly show proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
- Businesses must develop a written protocol providing details for how they will enforce this Order.
- This applies to all indoor settings for recreation and exercise, including health clubs, gyms, fitness centers, hotel fitness centers, recreation centers, yoga studios, cross-fit studios, cycling studios, dance studios, fieldhouses, boxing and kickboxing gyms, and other facilities conducting group fitness classes indoors.
- All sports participants playing indoors should continue to follow the Illinois Department of Public Health Sports and Safety Guidance.
All businesses shall comply with OSHA standards 1910.501(e) & (g) relating to employee vaccination status and testing, regardless of the number of their employees.
An individual is considered fully-vaccinated:
- Two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series with an approved COVID-19 vaccine, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- Two weeks after a single-dose series with an approved COVID-19 vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
An approved COVID-19 Vaccine is a vaccine that has been authorized or approved by either the Food and Drug Administration or the World Health Organization to prevent COVID19, whether for emergency use or otherwise.
Proof of vaccination means:
- A CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card; or
- An official immunization record from the jurisdiction, state, or country where the vaccine was administered; or
- An ‘app’ that provides a digital record of vaccinations; or
- A digital or physical photo of such a card or record that includes the individual’s name, the vaccine brand administered, and the date the vaccination was administered.
WHAT REMAINS THE SAME:
- Saunas, steam rooms and whirlpools are open. Only 2 members are allowed in the whirlpool, sauna or steam room at one time and they must observe a 10 minute time limit.
- Employees will remain masked at all times, regardless of their vaccination status.
- 6 feet of social distance is to be maintained at all times.
- Kid Zone remains closed.
- Advance registration is still required for all group exercise classes.
- Temperature screening upon check-in is not required but still available for members, physical therapy patients and guests.
- Extra sanitizing stations remain in place.
- As always, members are expected to wipe down equipment before and after use.
Yours in Health,
Executive Director, Fitness Center
Watch our Safety Video
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS