Do you know the top 10 health benefits of Yoga?
1. Improves Flexibility
2. Builds Strength
3. Increases Muscle Tone
4. Improves Balance
5. Supports Joint Health
6. Prevents Back Pain
7. Teaches Better Breathing
8. Fosters Mental Calmness
9. Reduces Stress
10. Increases Self Confidence
The bottom line is that Yoga is beneficial for both our physical and our mental health. An added benefit, Yoga is also offered free at both Clubs! If you haven't tried it, this is a great opportunity to see what Yoga can do for you.
Yoga Flow links hatha yoga poses together to create an active, flowing style. This class will help improve strength, flexibility, endurance, and balance.
Modifications and principles of alignment are given to allow participants to stay safe, yet to feel challenged. All levels welcome. See our schedule online.
- Yoga Flow - Mondays at 10:30am & Thursdays at 7pm with Elaine, Tuesdays at 7pm with Yolanda, and Fridays at 9am with Debbie.
- PowerFlow Yoga - Wednesdays at 7am with Emily
- In addition, we have LesMills Virtual BodyFlow classes available on Tuesdays at 5:30am, Wednesdays at 12 noon and Fridays at 2pm. BodyFlow is a yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates inspired workout that leaves you long, strong, and centered.
Pre-register online up to 48 hours in advance at www.MYiCLUBonline.com
Same day registration available by calling the Service Desk at 219-983-9832 ext. 0
IN CHICAGO HEIGHTS
With a diverse assortment of classes, types, times and levels, plus nine yoga instructors, Chicago Heights definitely has what you are looking for in the Mind, Body, Spirit department. They also offer Pilates and Flexibility classes on their regular schedule.
- Yoga for Every”BODY” - Mondays 9 & 11am, Tuesdays 5pm, Wednesdays 11am
- Yoga Core & More - Wednesdays 7am, Saturdays 8am
- Gentle Yoga - Wednesdays 9am, Fridays 8am
- Yoga DeStress - Wednesdays 5pm
- Yoga Flow - Tuesdays 9am, Thursdays 8am and 5pm
- Chair Yoga - Thursdays 11am
- Yoga Personal Training is also available upon request.
Please sign up for classes as you come into the building for the day.
Whether you are young or old, overweight or fit, yoga has the power to calm the mind and strengthen the body. Come join us.